Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Apathetic, lazy, langurous, indifferent, lackadaisical...


Sigh. Story of my life, lately. I'm so unmotivated...about everything! I am so disinclined to be productive at work that I actively look for ways to be lazy. Yes, I am aware of the contradiction in ideas there. Mine is just another kind of productivity! Surfing around on the web alone provides me with ample places to waste time and tax-payer's money, but then on top of my own time-wasting skills, I have many friends who send me links to other fabulous time-wasters. Gaaaahhhh!!! Enablers! Wanna see how evil* they are? Good, cuz I'm gonna show you.
  • This one was just brought to my attention by a friend today. (Curses!) Sift through the various comics...just try and tell me they don't make you giggle! (Ha! Snapes on a plane! Hee!) Here's one that's quite apropos!
  • And what about this? I have been exposed to a lot of great new music lately (that'll have to be another post, I think.), so tell me what you think of this one.
  • Here's a link to some more new music that has been highlighted on another blog. This just goes to show my level of infatuation with it at the moment.
  • And I have to thank** my friend Marin for this one. You can thank her too. I warn you...this will lead to hours and hours of free tv/movie-via-internet-watching. Don't say I didn't warn you!
  • And without AsianKeng's help, how would I have know what kind of friend I am?
  • And it's only natural that at least some of my recent procrastination should have been Potter-related. Anyone hungry for some Potter food?
  • This is just plain cool. Ever played Guitar Hero? Well, this person certainly has...and he/she kicks tail-feather! And if you know who Trogdor is, then you're just plain cool too. :)
  • And before I go, how about a bit more cool and interesting music that I've been exposed to lately. Dawn is pretty earthy and cool...and she inspires infatuation and near-stalking in some people. Check this one out. And no, not this Jem. Ooo, and just one more. How can you NOT find this absolutely amazing?!
So, there it is. A first-hand look at the lengths this procrastinator will and has gone to. So...anyone else want to enable me further? What are your favorite time-killing sites? Got any new singers/bands you think I should check out? Please share. :)

*Evil = wonderful in their diabolical ability to get me to procrastinate even further
**thank = curse (while secretly being grateful)

7 comments:

Asian Keng said...

Facebook. The end.

Warren said...

gchat and blogs

becks said...

My latest obsession is food blogs. And my favorite is definitely Chocolate and Zucchini documenting the culinary adventures of a twenty-something parisienne girl. www.chocolateandzucchini.com

As for new music, I do have a few lesser-known favorites that I think EVERYONE should being listening to:

Mason Jennings (Laid back and real)
The Innocence Mission (Really Sweet)
Patrick Park (You've got to hear "Something Pretty")
Elliot Smith (A little depressing but worthy)
Nick Drake (my favorite trubadour)
Eva Cassidy (folky and jazzy)
The Perishers (Mellow and haunting)
Embrace (Blissfully cheerful)

Oh, and I love French pop!--Kaolin, Keren Ann, Camille, Coralie Clement, Anais

And I do love Jem--the real singer, not the animated one--and am now totally in love with the "Once" soundtrack, too! Thanks for the recommendation!

Heather S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather S. said...

AS you know, I'm a huge fan on Feist... but she's starting to get bigger. My little Feist is all grown up now... he, he! You know what i like, but I've grown out of my 80's phase for the most part. Still love it, but don't listen to it as much as I used to.Oh and Imogen Heap, she's great.
My time passers? Scrabble on Yahoo games, blogs of friends and family and their friends and family! Facebook is one of mine too. I'm not even going to try any of the ones you put on here because I'm sure that I'll never see people again...

wynne said...

I already shared my favorite time-wasters with you. What else can I give after Mike the Headless Chicken and Potter Puppet Pals? And the Silly Walks Generator? I already gave you my best, my dear, and you already got the CD in the mail.

Christina said...

You guys are awesome...in an evil sort of way. (my kinda people!)

AK - Oy! I've been avoiding it lately for that very reason!

Warren - Gchat is the bane of my working existence. It's horrible that I sometimes shirk my necessary duties just to carry on a conversation about cartoons or something. And blogs? Well, I just went on a long hiatus, mostly because guilt had settled in that I wasn't spending enough time working, while at work. But it could be said that blog-surfing IS work, am I right?

Becks - Oooo! New music! Thanks! I'll check it all out! And if this food blog is anything like the food network channel, you may have created a monster here. Sigh.

H.S. - Love Feist. And I haven't been into my 80's music as much lately, either. Huh. I guess just like most things, my musical tastes go in cycles. I find Imogen Heap absolutely fascinating. Beautiful creations, but the way she works is truly mesmerizing!

Wynne - I can actually blame you quite a bit for this whole post. Your blog is like chocolate to me sometimes....yeah. It's THAT good. And when you embed little goodies like Mike, the Headless Chicken? Well, come on! That's just not fair! I almost put the muffin movies on here too. I'm totally in love with them...but if I watch them too often then I just sit here craving muffins. Sigh. And THANK YOU for the music! I LOVE it! Hey, can I get the playlist from you, by any chance? Some songs I'm not familiar with (try, most songs). Gracias, mi amiga!