Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Little Help?


Now that I've resurfaced on the blog-ocean, I've been trying to come up with something interesting to blog about. So far I'm only coming up with half-developed semi-interesting ideas. So in lieu of an interesting topic, I'm blogging about the very fact that I don't know what to blog about. How 'bout that, huh?

Here is what I propose: I will give you my list of half-baked ideas and then you (whoever you are) will vote on the ones you think will actually be interesting enough to read. Additionally, you can make any of my ideas better or add completely new ones. This way maybe I won't fall off the map again - at least not right away.

And here they are:
  • Favorite/Least favorite words or phrases
  • Exotic/foreign foods you've tried and now long for (could also extend to foreign experiences unrelated to food)
  • Childhood memories, ie. fave TV shows, toys, games, books, movies, memories - I feel like this one has been done to death, but it keeps popping up in my brain
  • Dream jobs
  • Favorite random/hilarious video clips that make the work day shorter
Aaaand I think that's about all I've got for now. This post is short, but after my last one, I think that's a good thing. So...ideas?

13 comments:

Cabeza said...

What about crazy decadent dream houses? Like mine with the wood-burning pizza oven in the kitchen and the home theater with leather recliner stadium seating.

Asian Keng said...

i love the thinking cap. the end.

i like the idea of crazy dream houses. mine will have a music room to house my steinway, a game room for my pool table (because you all know i am amazing at pool), let's see....

maybe a staircase in the middle, just for show.

Christina said...

Hm. While this is an interesting interchange in the comments...I don't have enough to say in a post about my dream house. I don't want much...just an indoor and outdoor pool, hot tub, indoor gym, private park, theatre w/ the state of the art facilities, picture windows w/ window seats, wraparound porch w/ hammock, patio/deck complete w/ grill and serving area and a library. Nothing too ostentatious.

MF said...

My dream house would have a white roof, pink walls and could open up on a hinge.
Oh...wait. That's been done. Gripes!

Warren said...

You could blog about interesting folklore stories.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Warren had a good idea. Folklore stories are something you are supposed to know a lot about and should have an inexhaustible supply of. I find them, ya know, at least interesting. :)

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

How owning a home can be overrated when stuff breaks and the aging process takes over. I suppose it is just like our bodies.

wynne said...

Oh, c'mon. Like you have to blog about anything. What about a stream of consciousness post? Posting whatever pops up in your head? Just putting YOU on the internet, that's all we ask.

wynne said...

And have you SEEN this?!?

wynne said...

I know you liked the first one.

wynne said...

As long as you're looking for ways to make the work day shorter.

Christina said...

Wynne, I think you win. Heh. Thanks for reminding me that blogging about whatever comes to mind is the whole reason behind the blog. It's just that my mind wasn't being very helpful for a while.

Now, thanks to all of you, I think I've got some good ideas.

Warren and Adri - I guess it's a good idea to maybe write about what I'm studying at least once, eh? So, I'll do something about that.

As for houses...I think we've just covered it. But Mike...I bet Courtney would be eternally happy if you surprised her w/ a flip-top house.

Tyler V said...

Hey, Christina, I think we'd just like it if you blogged about anything! You're clever enough to pull it off, and let's be honest, we're kinda in a Christina drought...so I'm going to vote for the stream of consciousness thing, even if I can't spell it properly!