Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Musically Uplifted

And that's what I have been - truly musically uplifted! I recently went to the best concert of my life. Bold words, I know. What made it so? Well, a combination of things, really; venue, the location of our seats, company and most importantly, the performers. Answer? The Birchmere, front and center (thank you, Lisa!), Lisa Fraser (a musician herself, great appreciator of fabulous music, and just all around fun to be with), and Ryan Montbleau and Martin Sexton. Sigh. I've been in love w/ Martin's music for about 9-10 years, but this was the first time that I was able to see him in concert. Speechless. And the opening singer, Ryan Montbleau - a great musician with a really sweet sound. He sounds like he's on his way to becoming as good as our dear Mr. Sexton. Both performed solo, stripped of any fancy-shmancy bands, but Martin did have a nifty microphone that created reverb. The end result was perfection.

And now, because my words can do nothing to explain how fantastic these guys are, here are some of my favorite songs.



And here's another gem:


Now for a little Martin...sigh. And in case you're wondering...yes, that's just his voice making those sounds. I know it's not the best quality, but he's so freakin' good!


Continued in next post...

No comments: