Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Final Results


So for the last six months or so, I've been redoing my bedroom. It started back in August when I consulted with my friend Spencer (thanks!!) on the reconfiguration of my room and the important choice of wall color(s). Then I repainted my walls. Although my bedroom is relatively small, it was a looooong week to get it all done.













As you can see, I went with three different colors. Grape leaf for the wall behind my bed, a paler green for the two side walls and pumpkin spice for the wall across from my bed, in the area I call "my office". I painted that wall w/ flat paint and then painted stripes of the same orange in high gloss. The effect is kinda cool. I like it.

Anyway, it's been a long, slow process of getting all the walls painted and then getting my existing pieces of furniture moved around to where I want them. Lastly, and with the help of our favorite "house boyfriend" (Thank you, Andy), everything got hung on my walls/ceiling.

The Bedroom & closetThe Window
The office












And now my room is a marvelously beautiful little haven. I love it. Love, love, love it! I don't know whether the pictures can do it credit, but it's the best I can do. If you'd like a more first-hand view, you're welcome to come on over for a visit. I love visitors.

What projects have you been working on?

13 comments:

Amanda said...

I'd like to be the first to go on record as saying

The room looks AWESOME.

Thank you.

The Shark said...

Amanda actually plagiarized me there.

Christina said...

Amanda - Thanks. I wish my room was big enough to have a sitting area, so I could have more visitors over, but having people over to just sit on the bed and chat is A-OK too.

Shark - Nice try.

Megan B ♥ said...

It looks SO fantastic! I'm so jealous that you have the vision to do such a thing. So HGTV of you!

Heather S. said...

it is marvelously beautiful like you. I like it a lot. I love the colors!

ANJ said...

1. there are some really good pictures on this post. and other questionable ones ;)

2. hey, who are you trying to claim as the "house boyfriend"?? hmm??

Christina said...

Awwww, thanks guys!! I honestly can't take full credit for the whole idea, but thanks all the same.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Amazing! Looks smashing with all your stuff in there! How wonderful to have a lovely haven.

Stephanie & Brad Bishop said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors and layout. You are on FIRE! Can't wait to see you

Bethany said...

I love the pumpkin spice! It looks fantastic. I would totally copy, but we've already painted three apartments in the last month, and I'm pretty sure we're done painting for a very, VERY long time.

Unknown said...

ooo la la! i love it! i also love that you know the non virgin/slut angel story. nothing brings me more joy :) also, officially adding you to my blogroll.

Meg said...

Christina it looks AWESOME! Good job, I want to come visit :)

Bradley said...

Christina, You are beautiful. Sure, your room looks great, but you are looking better than ever! Even disregarding the shiny flash effect on your skin, you are glowing. Perhaps the light from living right mixed w/ the joy of creating a lovely living space was captured on film. Seriously, you look marvelous.