Thursday, March 15, 2007

Whistling in the dark

There's only one thing I know how to do well, and I've often been told that you can only do what you know how to do well and that's be you. Be what you're like. Be like yourself.... Well, John and John inspired me to post. If there's one thing I know how to do well it is procrastinate!! Oh yes. Kids, don't try this at home. I am a trained professional.

So, the other day I was surfing around, as I am wont to do when I should be doing anything else, and I ended up watching Yahoo's The 9. Personally, I'd like to poke Maria Sansone with pointy sticks until she shuts up, but I do enjoy many of the links this little show provides. Okay, here's the one that I was enjoying the most right here. But I must warn you...this is one INCREDIBLY addictive little game. Play at your own risk! Fancy pants indeed, eh? Be sure to go to the home of that little page and check out World 1 as well. I haven't yet investigated any other games, but I can only imagine that they're equally as consuming.

Okay, so anyway...hey! You! Come back...you can play the games later! Finish reading this post first! Sheesh!

This is a truly random and yet absolutely engrossing little tidbit. This video is from the French Idol. I don't know what they're saying, (Becky? A little help?) but if I were to narrate, it would probably go something like this...

Narrator: Joseph is 21 and competing to win French Idol for the 6th time...
Jacque: Alright! I rock!
Narrator: Let's see what the judges have to say about him this time around...
Judge 1: How many times have you been here?
Joseph: 6 times.
Judge 1: 6 times?
Joseph: 6 times...I just know I've got what it takes.
Judge: We'll see about that... What are you going to sing for us today?
Joseph: Oh I was thinking of something like this...[commence beat boxing]
Judge 1, 2, 3 & 4: [jaws dropped to the floor - no translation necessary] Oh my gosh! This guy is the bomb! Blah, blah, blah... Did he just use two tones at once?

Okay, I'm stopping here, but honestly, pay close attention to the different tones this guy is using AT THE SAME TIME!! Also, watch the judge in the red sweater. His expressions are priceless! Seriously. I wish I could beatbox. Dang. The real question here is...do I smell a winner? Or does he really belong on the French equivalent of another random reality show? Oh David Hasselhoff, where did you go wrong?

Ok. Well, that's all I've got for now and those are my two cents. Got any good time-wasters? If so...do tell!

6 comments:

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Seriously you must spend an inordinate amount of time messing around the internet to find the random stuff you do.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

But I like it.

Christina said...

Uh...did you not get the point here? I'm a procrastinator? Come on! You of all people should know that! :)

Heath said...

whoa, Christina-

those videos were pretty awesome: )
And I agree with you about Maria Sansone; she's kinda annoying!

Wendi said...

I love your blog, Christina! Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

Speaking from one procrastinator to another, youtube has caused me endless hours of entertainment. What did people do before the internet?

Mall Pranks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDHp9C2KQAw

SNL "The Office":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlN2EoPBFE0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlN2EoPBFE0

And, one more:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwuC_E83gs

Christina said...

Heather - I'm glad you enjoyed them! And yeah...she's pretty annoying, thank goodness she shows cool stuff in order to redeem herself!

Ah Wendi...you're a girl after my own heart! Thanks for the great videos! Love the mall pranks! I wish I had the guts to do that kind of thing. And honestly, does it get any better than Dwight?