Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Magic i8ball


A great big THANKS to Sara, Becky and Michelle, I've decided to do my own version of this fun little survey. It's like those silly surveys that your friends email you with questions like, "What kind of pants are you wearing right now? and Who is the most likely to respond to this email?" Boring. This is way cooler! A friend said that this is like a Magic 8-ball for iPods. Seems fitting. Okay, so I did it twice, because honestly, I didn't understand all of my first round of answers. I'm sure it's technically cheating...but my answers below are a combination of my first and second rounds with this little game. Sorry if I offend any of you iPod Shuffle Gama purists!

Well, what are you waiting for? Follow the directions below and enjoy!

Directions: Put your music player on shuffle. Press forward for each question. Use the song title as the answer to the question. No cheating.


How am I feeling today? This Woman's Work - Pressed in a Book - The Shins (Ugh! SO TRUE! I have a bunch of reading to finish and then more reading to look forward to!)

Will I get far in life? My Finest Hour - The Sundays (Hm, not bad.)

How do my friends see me? #1 Ashes to Ashes - David Bowie, #2 Cruel Summer - Bananarama (So either my friends see me as a dead, reformed drug addict or a cruel summer...uhhh. Neither says much for me.)

When will I get Married? (Both times gave me cryptic answers, you decide what they mean, because they're totally confusing to me.) #1 I Still Feel the Same About You - Ella Fitzgerald & Friends, #2 You've Got a Friend - James Taylor

What's my theme song? You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi (Ha ha! Maybe that's my answer to the previous question? My second attempt was strange. It's a song in Latvian called Dark Night, Green Grass...hmmm.)

What is the story of my life? Bermuda Triangle - Barry Manilow (Yes, I know. I have Barry Manilow on my iPod. Story of my life, I get it. 'Nuff said.)

How can I get ahead in life? #1 Don't Leave Home - Dido (Okay. So I'm going to become a successful recluse. How nice for me.) #2 Living in Oblivion - Anything Box (Um, apparently I'm not exactly looking toward a stellar future here.)

What is my best feature? Stay - Shakespeare's Sister (Wha?)

How is today going to be? You're the Voice - Heart (Again...wha?)

What is in store for this weekend? #1 Nothing Better - Postal Service, #2 Joy - The Sundays (I had to share both, since this weekend is my birthday! Thank you, oh wise iPod, for promising me a great birthday weekend!!)

What is my life like at the moment? Everybody Wang Chung - Wang Chung (I just think that everybody should wang chung, okay? I'm chunging wang right now, are you?)

What song describes my secrets? Meet James Ensor - They Might Be Giants (So my secrets resemble a reclusive Belgian painter? "...he lived with his mother and repeated himself..." Ooookay.)

What is my current lover like? #1 Missionary Man - Eurythmics (Ha, ha, ha!! Oh I hope not. Well, I mean I hope he's not a missionary right now...I'm turning 30, you see...) #2 Heavenly - Harry Connick Jr. (That's more like it!)

What song will they play at my funeral? Burning Love - Travis Tritt (Okay then!)

How does the world see me? (You Make Me Feel Like A) Natural Woman - Aretha Franklin (Awesome. It's nice to know that I make the world feel like a natural woman.)

Will I have a happy life? (Okay this one is equally confusing and disturbing.) #1 You And Me And The Bottle Makes 3 - Big Bad Voodoo Daddies, #2 The Magdalene Laundries - The Chieftains w/ Joni Mitchell (song about an unwed mother being sent to work in the laundries at the Magdalene Convent. I don't want to end up a drunk, unwed mother!)

What do my friends really think of me? Blackbird - Sarah McLachlan (Is that anything like a black sheep?)

Do people secretly lust after me? (Contradicting answers.) #1 I am a Man of Constant Sorrow - John Hartford, #2 Doors of Your Heart - English Beat

Will I accomplish my goals in life? The Stranger - Billy Joel (So...no?)

Will I find true love? #1 Boadicea - Enya (I took this to mean that I will either find true love in Ireland or that it's all Gaelic to me!) #2 Purple Toupee - They Might Be Giants (Hee hee. I just thought this was funny.)

How do I treat others? Thanks a Million - Louis Armstrong (Sweet!)

11 comments:

Michelle said...

"Missionary Man", Bwahahaha!!!

Heather S. said...

You have Travis Tritt AND Barry Manilow? whoa Christina...

Christina said...

Michelle - I KNOW!!

Heather - I can only blame my friends...and since I've gotten a good portion of my music from you... Actually, I think I have to blame those two on Marin. And since she never reads this...she can't defend herself. Yeah! It's Marin's fault!

Sara said...

What an awesome survey this is. I plan to make it a regular feature on my blog.

Heather S. said...

Okay, okay, I know a lot of it I gave to you- but we should and can blame the Travis Tritt incident on Marin. :) And if by some small chance she DOES read this, we love you Marin! The only country I would've exposed you to is Alison Krauss...

Asian Keng said...

Awight, in a massive procrastination attempt I am filling out this survey and copying and pasting onto Becky's blog as well...

How am I feeling today? Swing Low, Sweet Chariot (Mormon Tabernacle Choir)... Way to start things off. :) "Coming forth to carry me home..." Does that mean I slave all day? I did just finish cleaning the kitchen and bathroom...

Will I get far in life? Trouble Sleeping, Corinne Bailey Rae... I've never even listened to this song before, I had to look up the lyrics... "Just don't say I'm falling in love
'cause I've been there before and it's not enough" Okay. So uh, I'm independent of love?

How do my friends see me? Center of Attention, Guster. Oh yeah, this is definitely spot on. Although I'd rather say it about myself instead of how my friends see me...

When will I get Married? Rejoice the Lord is King, Mormon Tabernacle Choir... so, in the afterlife? And I'm getting a lot of MoTab here...

What's my theme song? Swallowed in the Sea, Coldplay... another song I've never listened to. "And I could write a song
A hundred miles long
Well that's where I belong
And you belong with me" Very poetic.

What is the story of my life? Lonely Christmas Eve, Ben Folds. Oh sad.

How can I get ahead in life? I Won't Say I'm In Love, Hercules Soundtrack (yes, I have this song)... okay so I can get ahead by being a cold hearted ice queen. Check.

What is my best feature? The Dark Night of the Soul, The Getup Kids... yet another 'never before listened to...', and when I googled it Wikipedia specifically said "the dark period of loneliness that accompanies spiritual growth" What a great feature!

How is today going to be? Pie Jesu, Andrew Lloyd Webber... aw, one of my favorite songs. The lyrics translate to "O sweet Lord Jesus, grant them rest; grant them everlasting rest." Very peaceful, today.

What is in store for this weekend? Keep It Together, Guster... yes! The song written about hanging with good friends!

What is my life like at the moment? The Promise, Inside Out... a cover of When In Rome... "But if you'll wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will." So I'm trying to make someone fall in love with me? Interesting.

What song describes my secrets? Cowboy, Kid Rock... this is actually quite appropriate, as he keeps singing about wanting to head out West. I don't wanna be a cowboy though... but maybe I do...?!

What is my current lover like? Piano Concerto #4 - Largo, Rachmaninoff... Well. Um. Passionate?

What song will they play at my funeral? The SuperBowl montage feat. Aerosmith, Britney Spears, NSync, Mary J. Blige... well it'll be a huge party anyway.

How does the world see me? Give Me Life, Daniel Powter... yet another "never listened to..." Give me life for what I do. Okay. Am I deprived?

Will I have a happy life? Ignoreland, R.E.M. Obviously, obviously not.

What do my friends really think of me? Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen. Scaramouche, scaramouche, will do you the fandango?!! I have no idea what they really sing there.

Do people secretly lust after me? Sorry So Sorry, Howie Day. Wow. Could you be any more harsh in your no's? Let me down easy here. :)

Will I accomplish my goals in life? Symphony #2 Adagio, Rachmaninoff. I have no idea how to apply this. Next song: Abide With Me. Um. Next? Flower, Rusted Root... Okay, obviously the iTunes Magic 8 Ball has no answer to this. I myself am going to say YES. The end.

Will I find true love? Breaking My Heart Again, Aqualung. This survey is getting depressing.

How do I treat others? Introduction and Allegro for Strings, Edward Elgar. Well, this is the intro to Elgar's Enigma Variations, which were 14 little musical caricatures of his closest friends, so apparently I view my friends with fondness and given the opportunity will write music for them to be immortalized in the annals of classical music for ages to come. Wow, it must great to be my friend!

Christina said...

Sara - Marvelous idea!

Heather - Alison Kraus = good! Have I ever thanked you for introducing me to her? If not, here is a VERY belated thank you!

AK - It is indeed great to be your friend. I'm personally of the opinion that the magic i8-Ball likes to play games w/ us...so don't let it's apparent pessimism get you down. I don't believe it for a second! You're going far, baby!

Wendi said...

Love it! Stealing it! And, promoting your blog, while I am doing it. THANK YOU!

Please refer to: http://wmchicago.blogspot.com for my answers!

Christina said...

Hooray! Blogging-plagiarism is fully acceptable! :)

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Heather were you borrowing someone else's iPod? How do you have so much music you've never listened to? Weird , as for me I have no idea how to put the darn thing on shuffle or random or choose your own adventure...

Christina said...

Blue - um hello? Isn't your husband like RIGHT there and isn't he like a COMPUTER EXPERT? And um, aren't you MY sister? Come on, you can do it!

And if you only knew how much music Heather has...wow. It staggers the mind.