Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A Wynneterview


I know that I recently posted the i8ball quiz, but it seems that I'm not out of the "quiz me" kind of mood. My friend Wynne just participated in a voluntary 5 question quiz from another blogger and since she put the invitation out there, I figured I'd bite. Besides, if you either know Wynne or have read her blog, you know that she is not only brilliantly hilarious, but also deliciously off-kilter (only slightly, though)...so you never know what you're gonna get. (This is also a plug for any and all to read her blog, because it really is wholly entertaining and thought-provoking at the same time. Read it!!)

So...here goes...

My Wynneterview
by Christina Bishop
(get off my back, will ya? I just got off the paper-writing train, so my brain is still on that track, okay?!)

Wynne: Empty your purse/backpack/briefcase (whatever you happen to be carrying these days) and tell us what's in it.

Christina: Are you kidding me? Oh boy...ever since I graduated to actual purses, and when I say purses I mean the kind that you could sleep in if your house burnt down, so I tend to collect more crap than is absolutely necessary in there. Brace yourselves...
Outside pocket = car keys, lipstick, chapstick, pen, scripture-marking pencil, 2 packs of gum, Target gift card (Whoopee, I forgot I had that!), some face-blotting tissues, my business cards and my iPod.
Ginormous inside pocket = little mirror, more face-blotting sheets (it's humid out here, alright?), nail file, cell phone, empty Tupperware container from my lunch, a planner I never use, my wallet, a lipstick case, and (my personal favorite) Hempz herbal hand lotion, which I received as a stocking stuffer from my mom. The best part? It has a picture of a marijuana leaf on the front.
Hmm, that wasn't really all that bad, but oh we're not done yet.
Little inside zipper-pocket = checkbook, deposit slips, allergy medicine, eye drops and the mandatory supply of feminine hygiene products. Ta da! Huh, I guess I don't have quite as much junk in there as I thought! Good, that means more room for me, then. I don't like sleeping in cramped spaces.

Wynne: What is the meaning of life?

Christina: To keep the world amply supplied with cheese.

Wynne: If you could be a superhero, what would your name be, and what superpowers would you have?

Christina: No, no...nothing cheese-related here. Wow. What an amazing question! I'm going to blog-plagiarize here and use this nifty little quiz to answer you. Two of my blogging friends, Jen and Wendi also had recent posts about this very question and given my present obsession w/ the TV show "Heroes", this seems apropos.

Your results:
You are Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
82%
Spider-Man
80%
Green Lantern
70%
Supergirl
62%
The Flash
60%
Superman
60%
Catwoman
50%
Robin
45%
Iron Man
45%
Hulk
30%
Batman
20%
You are a beautiful princess
with great strength of character.
Click here to take the "Which Superhero are you?" quiz...

YES! Wonder Woman! I get to have those awesome bracelets that shield me from the inevitable rays coming from my opponents' eyes/guns/whatever. (Frightening, I know.)

Okay, but if I were to choose both my name and my power...I would choose...I would choose the power of hyper-perception (not quite reading minds, but close - reading minds could be a little unpleasant & I think I'd rather not know some things for certain)
and telekinesis, although I still think that bending time and space for time travel or freezing time would be fantastic too! Ooo, how about a package deal? And they would call me...The Questionable Elf Pimp? Um, I'll leave that one alone, I guess.

Wynne: What are you most afraid of?

Christina: A worldwide shortage of cheese.

Wynne: How do you feel about cheese?

Christina: Are you really asking a girl from America's Dairyland her feelings on cheese? Well, you see, cheese and I have a very, very special relationship. But I'm not one to eat and tell, so I'll keep it between me and the fromage.


I'm sorry if any of these were totally lame-o answers! I ran out of ideas? Anyway, do you think you can do better or would you just like to give this thing a whirl?

Well, here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions. (If you don't have a blog, well
—I guess you could do it in the comments section of this post, if you really, really want to.)
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the

same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Any takers?

22 comments:

Unprofessional Chef said...

It's just like a Wisconsonite to fear a world cheese shortage. Fear not. As long as cows and bacteria perform their merry little dance, cheese will ultimately be the result..that or an e coli epidemic...talk about opposite ends of the spectrum.

Asian Keng said...

Bring it on.

Sara said...

Okay, I could totally get into bending the space-time continuum. I really just love saying "space-time continuum." With a name like The Itching Blacksmith Operator (my super-hero name), I imagine many conversations going something like this:

"Hey, The Itching Blacksmith Operator!"

"Yes, good citizen?"

"What's your superpower?"

"Why, it's bending the space-time continuum!"

Oh, and please interview me.

wynne said...

So not fair. It named me "The Elderly Bag of Gas" which is not a name at all, merely a state of being. Boo! Hiss!

Tried it again with a different name, and I got "The Exotic Vice-Principal Trainee."

Yes, all evil-doers! Beware! The Exotic Vice-Principal Trainee is ever-vigilant and non-remorseful!

(Doesn't exactly strike fear in the heart, does it?)

Unprofessional Chef said...

I took that quiz and typed in my full name and got my superhero name as "The Hairy Manly Man."

It's true, the internet can look deep into your soul.

Christina said...

UPC - Well, if I don't worry about it, who will? And thanks for giving me something ELSE to worry about...e coli,indeed!

AK - Check your email.

Sara - I love saying space-time-continuum too! Star Trek geeks, unite!

And Itching Blacksmith Operator? So does this mean that you ARE the Blacksmith with eczema or are you just his operator... "Hello Operator? Yeah, I'm trying to reach the Itching Blacksmith. I've got some welding that needs to get done."

Oh, and check your email.

Wynne - I disagree. Few things can strike fear into the hearts of children faster than telling them they have to go see the PRINCIPAL!! The Vice-Principal is just below that in fear factor...and add the exotic part? Good night! You would just have to make sure that all of your enemies are children...or adults with very vivid memories of the VP. Hey, I'd buy your action figure!

Oh, and um...do you hate me very much for putting your picture up on my blog? It's a good one. You're cute, see? I just fear that I may have breached some line in blogging-etiquette by "outing" you or something. (thanks for the wording, AK) Say the word and I'll take it down. Heh. Sorry. Heh.

UPC - doo Doo doo doo doo Doo doo doo!! (Twilight Zone music) Whoa. I felt the very same way when it told me my real name was The Questionable Elf Pimp. (But I'm still not touching that one.)

Andrea said...

Hah! I expect you all to start calling me "Exotic Gnome of the Sea." Where do they come up with these? Christina, I love those quizzes--Keep 'em comin'! Please interview me.

Asian Keng said...

Ah. I tried three different variations of my name and by far the best superhero name:

The Depressed Pig-faced Woman

Y'know, that's not too far from the truth...

Okay, so to answer your Bish-terview:

1) Who is your hero/heroine?
B. Tinio, a friend from high school. I even wrote an essay about how amazing she was. I'd give you her full name but I googled it just now and so many references to Yale and Harvard and violin recordings and travels and law school and distinguished accomplishments came up I nearly passed out. Internet anonymity, y'know...

2) If your mother were an animal, which would she be?
See here.

3) What is the color of happiness?
Red baby. Is there any other option.

4) Hamsters or guinea pigs?
Hmmm, someone is smoking a cigarette right outside my window... gross.

5) If you were a Harry Potter character, what would your name be, what house would you belong to and who would your love interest be?
Well, I'd be in Ravenclaw and I'm madly in love with Oliver Wood... and my name would be... um, I dunno. Nitidus. I like that one.

Christina said...

Andrea - check your email.

AK - Wonderful! Loved your answers, but I must confess that I was confused by your answer to #4. Granted it's a truly bizarre question, but how exactly is someone smoking outside your window indicative of your feelings about guinea pigs or hamsters?

Oh, and there is NO way you are The Depressed Pig-Face Woman. Just no way.

wynne said...

But the name sure made me laugh...

And, christina, the picture is just fine. I am disappointed, however, that you did not doodle a moustache on it, or glasses, or horns. Oh well.

Christina said...

Wynne - you show me how and I will. My online picture editing skills are severely limited. Sad, but true. And now that you mention it, that smile of yours DOES look a little mischievous...add a horn here and a horn there...Ta da! Instant Evil Wynne!

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Alright Crispix, you want to learn more about my deep inner workings? You go ahead and Bish-terview me. I dare you.

Sara said...

I answered my questions.

http://soapboxsara.blogspot.com/2007/05/my-bish-terview.html

becks said...

From now on I would like to be affectionately known as "The Glowing Umbrella Breaker."

Bring on the interview!

Christina said...

Adri - Okay...but don't say I didn't warn you!!

Sara - Woohoo!! Reading/commenting will happen poste haste!

Becks - Check your email in a day or so.

Anonymous said...

I am often better known as my alter-ego: The Shy Kitty Cat Man. Yes, I know, the name strikes fear into the hearts of evildoers everywhere...

Having never been to America's Dairyland, I was unaware that "to dairy" is a verb. Yet, there it is on the America's Dairyland homepage in all of its gerund glory: "...dairying is the largest segment [of Wisconsin's agriculture industry]." Briniskigs!

Christina said...

Brandon - Oh yes, dairying is an artform taught from early childhood in the Dairyland. If you're lucky, you're a born dairier. Sigh...if only...

Oh and SKCM will go under my list of names to call for help when stuck in a bind...like if my kitty cat is stuck up a tree...or something.

Michelle said...

Hmm, I came out as The Devious Woman Priest. Weird. But when I told Sara, she said, "that totally fits!"

I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

Christina said...

Devious Woman Priest...hmmm. So possibly are you planning to defect to some religion that gives the priesthood to women? I suppose that WOULD make you devious, wouldn't it? Other than that, I have to disagree w/ Sara.

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Okay after having held on to this for many weeks I will finally just try and share my answers to the interview questions. I was going to post on the family blog but thought I'd try my corny ne'er used my space. Let me know if it works for ya...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&Mytoken=47549600-D654-4821-8288EF04737DF92189465517

Christina said...

Sorry Adri, I can't read it. Can you just send me your answers or find some way to let the average joe read your myspace page? Danke schwestie!

BLUEYEDBOYS said...

Okay okay so I put it up on the family blog :P

http://dlbfamily.blogspot.com/2007/05/interview-with-adrianne.html